April 27, 2009

Gut Check

"Search me Oh God and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way of the everlasting."                      Psalm 139:23-24

Deep in Thailand at a buddhist monastery in Thamkrabok there is a very strange thing taking place. The monks there practice an extreme form of cleansing, which involves them drinking an herbal concoction and then projectile vomiting everything out of their system before meditation. 

Talk about cleaning out the system eh? You can do that or, if you are a Christ follower you have the opportunity for spiritual cleansing without heaving up your breakfast oatmeal. See, even if you have been following after Christ, it is always good to have a spiritual "gut check". Ask God to check your heart and motives. Ask Him if there are any ways in your life that are not completely sold out to Him. 

...and leave the projectile vomiting to the buddhist monks in Tamkrabok ;)