December 2, 2008

Tis the season...

I was listening to some Christmas music and I came across a peculiar song by Colbie Caillat. It sounded nice enough with the jingle bell style music, but I started to hear the lyrics behind the music. It went a little like this...

"Great, Fake plastic Mistletoe
Wrap me in a great big bow and tear me apart

It's Christmas time, So open up the flood gates
Tell me that you'll be late and rip me apart

Cause you say that, you say that things will be alright
But I've heard that, I've heard that so many times..."

I started to think that is a little how this season is. Many times people try to put on the cheerful spirit, but inside they are wondering if there is any hope or peace or love? They are wondering if there is more to this life?

We have the opportunity this season to say "YES! There is more!" In the next three weeks in the student ministries we are going to be going through a three week series called "Tis the Season"

In this series we are going to be looking at the story of Jesus' birth and talk about how Jesus taught us how to find hope, bring peace and initiate love even when our circumstances are less than ideal. 

We are waiting to have hope, peace and love--in our lives, in our communities, in our world. Even if we’re not sure how it will all work out. And just like thousands of years ago, Jesus is the one who came to bring hope, peace and love to our lives.  So I look forward to seeing you in the next three weeks @ 10:45!