December 19, 2008

Groundhog Day sans Bill Murray

Do you ever feel like the Christian life is a little like Groundhog day? Today I do. Let me explain. There are just times in my life where I feel like I have gained all this ground and "BANG" I am back to square one. This can come in many different forms, whether its leadership, relationships, teaching, personal spiritual growth, serving, etc.

I got to be honest. I get frustrated sometimes, mostly with myself. Then this thought came to mind for me, "What if the lesson God is trying to get me to understand is that no matter how many times I feel frustrated with myself or everything breaks down, He gives me the courage to pick up and keep serving Him?" That would make this worth it. 

Of course this could be all wishful thinking, and therefor moot. But either way I give my trust to God, and therefore it will be... all good.