July 30, 2008

Metamorphosis Part 3: The Oak Tree

So if you have been following the last few blogs, you know I have been writing about our great trip to the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. 

Saturday we poured the students into the cars and headed up the gravel road to Bear Creek Trail. One great thing about being in North Georgia is there are beaucoup (for my Nola folks) trails. I mean one could literally hike for weeks. But the good 'ol bear creek trail was one we could traverse in a little under 2.5 hours. 

About halfway down the trail we ran into a big oak tree. I mean this guy was big. I think the students tried to stretch around it and it took quite a few of them to link arms and get around it. I took a picture of it, but my wife has the camera so maybe I will download some later.

If you ever get a chance to hike the trails in N. Georgia you should do it. It was a great deal of fun to hike that trail, but it reminded me of one thing... Man am I out of shape!