July 21, 2008

lament

My bones bend
Under the weight of my own making
from the self-induced pressure
The crushing, bruising and breaking
Shortness of breath
my eyes growing 
blurry... blurred... tears...
tears form running away from the pain that is inside my mind
darkness...

Selah

Dazed, a hope, a friend awakes me from my slumber
A friend to dust off my limbs and 
put salve on my wounds
It is You
Oh wounded Healer!
You... crushed and bruised 
know me.
You... crushed and broken
love me.
I gaze into your beauty, the eyes filled with blazing, searing, devastating love.
Love.
Devastated I come.

You mend my bones...
my sinews...
my flesh...
my soul...

You restore me Oh God, you place me up where I never imagined to 
tread. 
Is there anyone like our God? Is there one who knows the every need of His people? God is my fortress. From within I have been renewed. Amen