February 24, 2009

Great resource for Student Ministry

One of my favorite student ministry gurus is Doug Fields. I know. I know. He's not one of these flashy new guys (like me, lol) but he just has so much student ministry wisdom. 

He worked under Rick Warren at Saddleback and wrote a book called, " Your First Two Years in Youth Ministry" which is one of the best books a new student pastor could read. He has great insight and years of ministry experience to couple it with. Anytime I am looking for resources I check out his site http://www.simplyyouthministry.com/

I sound like a Doug Fields commercial eh? I know, but I like to use this blog as a resource to other ministers, parents or students. So that is why I plug him here. Even though I am not nearly as old as him, I hope to be doing this student ministry gig well into my golden years.