June 14, 2008

Summertime

Okay, by reading the last few posts you know that I work with students. One of the books I have been reading lately is Controlled Chaos by Kurt Johnston. This book is a really simple and constructive piece on working with middle schoolers. In the book he suggests that persons who work with students should take some time out to remember what it was like being a teenager.

After plenty of medication, meditation and aromatherapy I am now able to look into the past. (Thanks Dr. Phil!) One of the things that makes me crack up is the music I used to listen to. I am a closet hop-hipper (as Andre 3000 would say) and I jammed the heck out of Bobby Brown, Bel Biv Devoe and the like. But nothing can say eighth grade like this jam

Hope your inner teenager is alive and well! Unless you are a teenager and I if that is the case I hope you are alive and well!