August 6, 2009

Everday Miracles

This morning as I was spending time reflecting on God's glory and grace, I was overwhelmed with the fact that I have countless miracles that happen in my life EVERY day.

Watch This... While I was sleeping, the earth seamlessly rotated on it's axis bringing another day. The lungs and the heart in my chest functioned properly to keep me alive while I was unconscious of it as I slept. My wife and I were safe last night from any harm.

I woke up and my vision worked, I had perfect command of my muscles and was able to get out of bed. I could walk, I could hear, I could feel the warmth of the sun. I have running water, air conditioning, a bed, a roof over my head. I snuck out of bed to fix breakfast (out of the abundance of food I have) for myself and my dog while my wonderful wife lay asleep on her day off.

We woke up without the worry of being killed or arrested for my faith. I was able to travel to work in a vehicle, and without an accident for that matter. I get to work at a place I love, with people I love and enjoy my work. These pale in comparison to the fact that the King of the Universe loves me. The GOD of the Universe knows my name. He whispers the Truth in my ear, that He is Love and I am thankful.

There are thousands upon thousands of miracles we experience every single day. Some people say, "I haven't seen God working in my life lately..." To that I say breathe in and understand that we walk in a miracle each day. Thank You God.

"Give us this day our daily bread." Luke 11:3