August 14, 2009

Drifting off course?

If you have ever sailed for any amount of time, you know it takes a lot of work sometimes to keep your self on a straight course. 

Sometimes the wind changes direction. Sometimes the wind changes speed. And sometimes, there is no wind at all.

Sometimes the very wind that helps to lift the sails and push you forward also pushes you sideways, causing you to drift off course.  It is easier than you think to find yourself drifting off course. Lately I have been checking my bearings and trying to double check the course of my life. I also think about my vision for working within student ministry and if I am charting on the course I originally set out upon. 

I don't know how I have drifted, but one of the things I often forget about is how utterly amazing the gift of God, through Christ, is and how there are thousands of teenagers that still need that in their lives in Orlando. 

If you are a Christ follower, remember, you are on a mission. How does the course we have charted in our lives line up with the course that Christ has for us? Take a moment. Line up. And let's get back on course!