June 7, 2010

Blondie..

So I did it again. I powered up and went blonde. I had a few people ask me "What the heck?!?!" So I decided to post about it and tell you the many reasons why ;)

It seems like every summer for the last 10 years I have decided to bleach my hair out. I like to do it because it is fun and I love the look on ppls faces. But the real reason I do it is because it reminds me of my love for my wife Kim.

You might be thinking-What?!? are you crazy?- Yes, I am. Let me take you back in the day. I remember in May 2000 I was on my way to Orlando, FL to be a summer missionary. I decided b4 I went to FLA, i was going to bleach my hair. And that's what I did! So when I first met Kim, I had this crazy blonde 'do and she laughed at me (in both a "what a weirdo way" and "hey you are kinda cute way").

If you read some earlier posts, you know that was one of the best summers ever and Kim and I got married a year later. I know it has nothing to do with my hairdo and more to do with God's promises and providence, but I'd like to think I get a little of that swagger back when I bleach my hair.

So it seems like every summer since 2000 I bleach my hair. It takes me back, and Kim and I both like it, so that's all that really matters. I think about how God was (and still is) so active in our lives back in 2000 and every time I bleach my hair out again it reminds me of God's faithfulness. So, if you see the crazy 'do on Sunday, now you know the back story!!!