September 24, 2009

Jump In! The water is great...

I love middle school ministry! At times is is very similar to juggling chainsaws or swimming in a tankful of sharks. But I can't help it. I am addicted.

I think that student ministry is one of the most rewarding pursuits you can ever get into at your church. Why? Because at this age students are asking the hard questions about life, faith and what their place is in this world.

 See as a teenager this stuff is right in their face. They are forced to walk in a school with all different types of students with all different types of ideas. They are trying to understand themselves, understand the constant change and information overload in the world. But, God is the God of this world as well. God doesn't see a teenager and think, "I can't wait to use them when they are grown up and more mature." God wants to use them NOW. But how can they know that if adults are not telling them that? How will they grow if no one volunteers to help them navigate this life?

So I invite you to jump into the shark tank. Yes. That is what it is. Yes you might get bitten. Student ministry is not for the faint of heart, but it is worth every scar I have. If God is stirring your heart, then apply at your local student ministry today!