November 11, 2008

I'm a loser

As I was meditating in my quiet time, I came to the realization that somehow I had slowly put the things of God slightly behind the things of Norm. Now they may be more like "side-by-side", but as God asked me to search my heart, I realized side by side is not Lordship.

I was reading this scripture, "Whoever finds his life will lose it and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it ". It is found in Matthew 10:38. This scripture is nestled into a greater context of how we should follow Christ. The word "lose" in the greek is much stronger than just "losing" your car keys. It means to utterly destroy, to put to death, to be completely ruined. So in light of this scripture I want to be a loser.

In my personal opinion, I think that the world is tired of Christians living the same old, tired life. There is no hope in that. I mean if we don't want to be "all-in" then why follow Christ at all. I am not saying I have it right, but God does. Maybe we need to make sure that we put to death the old things and live in the new. Please, be a loser too. Lose yourself in Christ today.