March 29, 2010

remember...

This is just kind-of an off-the-cuff blog. I try my hardest not to spend too much time editing blogs after I write them because I end up deleting 95% of them. I sometimes get too worried about grammar, punctuation, all that MLA Handbook stuff that I never (er.. I mean.. *blush*) really mastered in freshman 101/102. Or I will worry that the blog is too long or too redundant or too redundant.

Anyways, so here I ramble. The point I am trying to make is that somethings are too important to worry about edit, self-edit. This is one of those things.

Today I was challenged to "remember"...

One of those things to remember in particular is that God blessed me with the most awesome spouse in the world. It is so easy for me to breeze by this sometimes because after almost 9 years of marriage, our life together has become normative. What I mean is it's like always having food in the fridge, or always having a roof over my head. If I'm not careful I start to think those things as normal...

and to some extent I begin to think I even deserve these things.

But then God tells me to "remember"... I am blessed beyond measure! My wife is courageous yet humble, strong yet gentle, meticulous, devoted, passionate, thoughtful, generous, joyful, beautiful, but the most striking thing about her is she loves Jesus.

I used to tell her that I was the "luckiest" guy in the world. She always would reply, "not lucky... blessed." I think that was/is so adorable. But then I started thinking about right she was. I am blessed. Kim is a virtuous woman, who puts her faith in God first. She challenges me to be a better leader, husband, friend and Christian.

I hear the word again "remember..."

See God cares for us deeply. God cares for me and he cares for Kim. God remembers His promise. God sacrificed HIS son, so we might live. I hope and pray that we don't soon forget the magnitude of God-with-us. This holy week I pray very hard that you will remember...